Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Juan Carlos Delgado

Juan Carlos Delgado created many types of artwork. He produced photos, paintings, and objects/ceramics. When I saw the photo of the man blowing fire, I couldn't keep my eyes off of it. I love how he captures the 'heat' of the fire on his body. You can imagine the heat on your skin just by looking at the photo. Also, I really enjoyed his ceramic vases, well especially the idea of them all next to each other. But after seeing the pictures that were on the vases, I was extremely impressed. I love the way he was able to capture the details in each picture even though the picture is small on the vase. Juan Carlos Delgado's frozen sculpture's were very interesting. The sculptures show how ice is able to form and the stages/processes it takes to create this frozen sculpture. The ice is crystallized and formed to go along with the piece. I am from NY and I have obviously often seen icicles and snowflakes, and you can notice all of the little details in each snow flake. Snowflakes remind me of this piece because you can see the details of the ice forms and how it goes along with the sculpture. I enjoy Juan Carlos Delgado's work very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment